Kemperol V210 is a 3-component, polyester-based system that forms a flexible seamless roof
Advantages of the Kemperol V210 system:
- Wet on wet with an embedment fleece
- Cure time within 30mins
- Flat roofs will have no joints
- Up to 20 year guarantee from Kemper
Disadvantages of the Kemperol V210 system:
- Complicated to mix and messy
- Very smelly ( Low odour option available)
- Not a good looking system when completed.
- Midd price
Have a look at this video of Kemper on a roof
Let’s look at your options if you want to replace an old roof:
Option 1: Stripping
Strip the roof of the old covering and replace with a new covering.
Now, if you start to strip the roof you get all sorts of other options open up.
- Should I have a temporary roof put up over the old roof to protect the building?
- How do I get all the old materials off the roof?
- What is the cost of dumping the rubbish?
- What is the cost of stripping the roof?
- Stripping the roof will trigger part L1B of the building regulations, and I will have to insulate the roof.
Option 2: Overlaying
- No need for a temporary flat roof over the top as the roof will not be opened up.
- No need for insulation.
- Only remove the old stones and prepare the surface of the old flat roof ready for overlaying.
- Overlay the roof using the Kemperol system
You may be interested in the following videos: