3M Scotchkote Urethane Roof Coating SD650 is a two component elastomeric solvent based urethane for flat roofs
Advantages of the SD650 system:
- No embedment materials, so laying is quicker and easier
- Low odour so it can be installed on flat roofs in sensitive areas
- Cure time within 2 hours (at 20°C).
- Flat roofs will have no joints or seams when finished
- 25 year Life to First Maintenance guarantee from 3M
Disadvantages of the SD650 system:
- Needs relatively good weather to lay
- Temperature has to be above 5ºC
Have a look at this time-lapse video of us installing the new SD650 flat roofing system on a roof in Camden.
Let’s look at your options if you want to replace an old roof:
Option 1: Stripping
Strip the roof of the old covering and replace with a new covering.
Now, if you start to strip the roof you get all sorts of other options open up.
- Should I have a temporary roof put up over the old roof to protect the building?
- How do I get all the old materials off the roof?
- What is the cost of dumping the rubbish?
- What is the cost of stripping the roof?
- Stripping the roof will trigger part L1B of the building regulations, and I will have to insulate the roof.
Option 2: Overlaying
- No need for a temporary flat roof over the top as the roof will not be opened up.
- No need for insulation.
- Only remove the old stones and prepare the surface of the old flat roof ready for overlaying.
- Overlay the roof using the SD650.
You may be interested in the following videos: