Generally all EPDM rubber is the same; different companies do different things with it. EPDM sheet rubber roofing is a highly versatile material.
EPDM (ethylene-propylene-diene monomer) is a man made rubber that’s been around a long time. A good example is the rubber that’s used around car doors or windscreens, out in all weather and exposed to the sun for years.
Get in touch with us and we will respond promptly to book a suitable time and day to come and visit your property.
EPDM Flat Roofing Specialists
EPDM sheet rubber is supplied in 45m lengths on a roll. We are trained installers of this superb product, that has been used throughout the USA and Canada for the past 40 years.
The life expectancy of EPDM rubber is 40+ years and it comes with a 20 year manufacturer’s guarantee.
When installed by us we can offer a full insurance-backed guarantee on the labour and materials.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 30 Years Experience
- Excellent Customer Service
- Insurance Backed Guarantees
- We Get it Done on Time
- Flexible Systems & Pricing
- Rated 5 out of 5 by Our Customers
I’ve been working with Steve Dickinson of London Flat Roofing for almost 10 years and to this day I have not come across anyone with more knowledge on London flat roofs. From leak detection to maintenance, Steve has a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of flat roofing.
Our flat roof was previously installed by cowboy builders. Steve did a fantastic job or un-doing their shoddy work and rectifying all of the issues they had caused. No more leaks and no mess either. The price was fair and they got the job done very quickly.
I came back off holiday to find that the flat roof above my kitchen had been leaking and flooded the house. I called and spoke to Steve who came out the same day and within hours he had identified the leak. The very next day he sent out 2 roofers who fixed the leak. Steve then helped me claim through my insurance policy. Very pleased and grateful for his help.
Steve from London Flat Roofing was very knowledgeable. We had several contractors trying to find the issue with our leaking flat roof prior to getting Steve to look at it. After surveying it with a thermal imaging camera Steve was able to pinpoint the exact location of the leak and fixed it there and then. Very pleased and would definitely recommend to others.
Advantages of EPDM Rubber
- Relatively cheap.
- Easy to install.
- Reliable and durable.
- Comes in large sheets.
Disadvantages of the EPDM Rubber
- One colour – Black.
- Transfers heat down into the roof.
- Looks like a patchwork quilt if fitted to a complicated roof.
Option 1: Stripping
Strip the roof of the old covering and replace with a new covering. Now, if you start to strip the roof you get all sorts of other options open up.
- Should I have a temporary roof put up over the old roof to protect the building?
- How do I get all the old materials off the roof?
- What is the cost of dumping the rubbish?
- What is the cost of stripping the roof?
- Stripping the roof will trigger part L1B of the building regulations, and I will have to insulate the roof.
EPDM Flat Roofing Example
Option 2: Overlaying with EPDM rubber
Overlaying the roof with EPDM rubber:
- Only if the old roof is insulated or you are going to put some sort of separation barrier between the new EPDM and the old roof.
- Only if the old flat roof is smooth and is not detailed.