3M Scotchkote Urethane Roof Coating SD650 is a two component elastomeric solvent based urethane for flat roofs.
It has been specifically developed as the final coat of a high performance waterproofing membrane on all types of roof surfaces, which can be applied at low temperatures. It has good application characteristics with fast drying capabilities.
Get in touch with us and we will respond promptly to book a suitable time and day to come and visit your property.
3M™ Scotchkote™ Urethane Roof Coating SD650
The superior durability of the system means that separate reinforcing materials are not required for detailing work such as upstands and joints, and the cure time of the system is approximately 2 hours (@20C) as compared to 8 hours for comparable systems.
In addition, the new low solvent formulation results in a vastly reduced odour, meaning that building users are less likely to be inconvenienced by the works.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 30 Years Experience
- Excellent Customer Service
- Insurance Backed Guarantees
- We Get it Done on Time
- Flexible Systems & Pricing
- Rated 5 out of 5 by Our Customers
I’ve been working with Steve Dickinson of London Flat Roofing for almost 10 years and to this day I have not come across anyone with more knowledge on London flat roofs. From leak detection to maintenance, Steve has a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of flat roofing.
Our flat roof was previously installed by cowboy builders. Steve did a fantastic job or un-doing their shoddy work and rectifying all of the issues they had caused. No more leaks and no mess either. The price was fair and they got the job done very quickly.
I came back off holiday to find that the flat roof above my kitchen had been leaking and flooded the house. I called and spoke to Steve who came out the same day and within hours he had identified the leak. The very next day he sent out 2 roofers who fixed the leak. Steve then helped me claim through my insurance policy. Very pleased and grateful for his help.
Steve from London Flat Roofing was very knowledgeable. We had several contractors trying to find the issue with our leaking flat roof prior to getting Steve to look at it. After surveying it with a thermal imaging camera Steve was able to pinpoint the exact location of the leak and fixed it there and then. Very pleased and would definitely recommend to others.
Advantages of the SD650 System
- No embedment materials, so laying is quicker and easier.
- Low odour so it can be installed on flat roofs in sensitive areas.
- Cure time within 2 hours (at 20°C).
- Flat roofs will have no joints or seams when finished.
- 25 year Life to First Maintenance guarantee from 3M.
Disadvantages of the SD650 System
- Needs relatively good weather to lay.
- Temperature has to be above 5ºC.
Option 1: Stripping
Strip the roof of the old covering and replace with a new covering. Now, if you start to strip the roof you get all sorts of other options open up.
- Should I have a temporary roof put up over the old roof to protect the building?
- How do I get all the old materials off the roof?
- What is the cost of dumping the rubbish?
- What is the cost of stripping the roof?
- Stripping the roof will trigger part L1B of the building regulations.
Warm Flat Roof Construction
Option 2: Overlaying
- No need for a temporary flat roof over the top as the roof will not be opened up.
- No need for insulation.
- Only remove the old stones and prepare the surface of the old flat roof ready for overlaying.
- Overlay the roof using the SD650.