New Roof CostSteven Dickinson
New roof cost and how to keep the cost down.
Builders have never been taught how to install most of these new materials, and the suppliers have no interest in teaching them. The government has no training courses for any of our working tradesmen (yes we do for apprentices, but even they are not trained to a good standard). You will find that most builders in the domestic market are self-taught and learn on the job, and you really don’t want that on your project!
So what douse a new roof cost?
- Probably a lot more than you think
- The cost of designing the roof
- The cost of calculating the thermal element
- The cost of building control to issue a certificate of completion for your EPC (Energy performance certificate)
- The cost of the insulation and ventilation, if required
- The cost of the roofer and all their materials
- The cost of having someone oversee the works and make sure its all installed to the correct British standards